...Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
– Mary Oliver from “A Summer Day,” House of Light (1990)
All retreats and gatherings, whether remote or in person, are offered on various themes and can be adapted for the needs of your school, business, or community.
· Cross-Professional Seasonal Retreats, welcoming adults of all ages in any profession. When again possible I will continue holding most of one day of a two-day retreat in my home in the spring and autumn at Innisfree Garden (www.innisfreegarden.org).
· Seasonal Zoom Gatherings offer a series of five or six Gatherings for 1.5 hours each time.
· The Third Stage Of Life. Themes significant to those transitioning to “retirement,” life after retirement, becoming an elder, facing one’s own and loved ones’ mortality.
· Grief Retreats address personal grief, including loss of family members, friends, colleagues, pets; loss of homes, communities, careers; complicated, unresolved, and traumatic. I usually co-facilitate these with a licensed social worker.
· Healing Habits of the Heart for Self, Work, and Community or Healing the Heart of Democracy® Circles. In Parker Palmer’s 2011 book, Healing the Heart of Democracy: the Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit, he invites us to explore our “soul and role” as citizens in a democracy. These retreats address our need as citizens to cultivate habits of the heart that foster the invisible infrastructure of our democracy. See “Healing the Heart of Democracy Circles.”
· A Journey Toward Wholeness. A Circle of Trust focused on our journey toward integration and wholeness, often cross-professional.